Monday, August 4, 2008

Update

I finally heard back from our adoption adviser/translator. She had three "baby born" situations (where the mother decides to place the babies for adoption after they are born) that she was dealing with today so her schedule got all messed up. We have rescheduled the call for tomorrow at 11:30. She indicated that R had called her too wondering about the call and wanted to make sure we were still on board so it sounds like we were both worrying. She needed to call R to make sure the rescheduled time would work and got a brief update that she e-mailed me. R had her ultrasound on Saturday and the baby is already 8.5lbs. They could not tell the gender. I imagine there is no room for the baby to be moving so it is impossible to get a good look. They moved her due date up to the 12th from the 14th. We are hoping to make it past the 9th (D's birthday party is on the 9th) but with the baby that big already, I'll be surprised if that happens. D was 3 lbs 9 oz when he was born and was almost 3 mo old before he weighed 8.5lbs so having a big baby will definitely be a new experience. The projects around the house are coming along. We found the cutest gender neutral nursery decorations at a consignment shop. C's grandmother got it and the bassinet for us. We only need to buy a few more things (car seat and tub) and then I think we'll be ready. So exciting.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! That's a week away. Very exciting. Good luck with the phone call today.

laurawh said...

Oh that is so exciting!! I just can't wait to hear more! I have anxiously been waiting for an update!

Laura

Rebekah said...

What an exciting week! Post us pictures of your nursery so we can oogle! :)

From Carlys Eyes said...

OH man, am I praying for you guys!!!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

I am really on my toes waiting to hear from you and what she said. Update us when you can!