Sunday, August 24, 2008

Its a Boy!

This will be quick since I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night and the baby isn't even home yet. R didn't make it to her scheduled induction. Her contractions started around a quarter to midnight and we rushed to the hospital. By the time she got checked in, she was already 9 cm dilated and too far along to get any pain meds. The pain was excrutiating for her, but she did it.

At 2:36 am, she delivered a beautiful baby boy. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. We got to spend about 45 minutes with him before they took him to the nursery. There was a HUGE mix up at the hospital and they would not let us see him at all today (more on that later). We were devastated, not to mention angry. We plan to be at the hospital social worker's office around 9 am tomorrow (Monday) to get things resolved. R will be signing her surrender papers either tomorrow or on Tuesday. I'll post more detail later, as well as a picture of Samuel Patrick. (Blogger's currently giving me problems with uploading pictures.)

4 comments:

laurawh said...

I am so so very excited for you!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

I'm so happy I could cry!!! Congratulations guys!

Deb said...

WooHoo!!! Congratz. So glad he finally made his appearance. I hope the hospital gets their act together and you are able to see him today.

Rian said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see pics!!!