Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Update

We do not have any updates on the adoption front. We are still waiting for a match. We did get a call from ANLC about our homestudy. Since we are being marketed to races other than caucasion, we need to have our homestudy updated. I'll call the social worker after Thanksgiving about that. I added a ticker at the bottom of the page to keep track of the time since our profile went live. We are just under 3 months now. Seems like a lot longer.

In the meantime, we are still TTC just in case. This cycle I tried a new drug (for me), Fermara, but I either ovulated early or did not ovulate at all. When I went to the RE for my scan on day 13, my uterine lining was whitish so RE thought maybe I o'ed already. I went today to get a progesterone draw to see for sure. Either way, no IUI for us this cycle. I may or may not try again. This year I have done 4 clomid cycles (and o'd once) and one femara. Last year, I did 4-5 clomid cycles with a different RE (but o'd almost every time). I am getting really tired of taking drugs and suffering through hot flashes, etc. and not even ovulating. It's just so hard to sit back and do nothing but wait for a match. It feels so out of our hands and that is very frustrating.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments: