Saturday, September 15, 2007

My Mom

For some reason I have been thinking about my mom a lot more than usual lately. Its been 3 1/2 years since she died and almost 4 years since her diagnosis. I still miss her so much. I am sad that D never got to know her (she was diagnosed with acute leukemia the week D got out of the NICU). There are a few pictures of her holding D from his first Christmas that I show him occasionally but it really sucks that he missed out on that relationship! I really missed her when I had my m/c last year (she flew in and spent a week with me after my first m/c). As we have struggled to have another baby and moved on to adoption, I miss not having her to support us and be there. Other than Chris, I really don't have anyone to talk to about our struggles.

Anyway, I am not sure why I am thinking about her so much but know that she is looking down on us and smiling at D and wishing us the best of luck as we wait for a match.

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Without a mum is a hard place to be. Sending good thoughts to you. And some speed with this match. I mean...that it happens quickly. Not that I'm sending you speed. Virtual bar, virtual drug dealer! :-)