It's very hard to believe, but Samuel is already 9 1/2 months old. He is growing so fast and changing so much. I do not have much time to post lately since he is a VERY busy baby and is into everything. It seems that every dangerous thing in the house calls to him and he must get to the item as quickly as possibly so he can beat mommy or daddy there.
At his 9 month appointment on May 27, he weighed in at 21.7 lbs (75%) and was 29 inches long (75%). His head circumference was in the 25%. According to the pediatrician he is doing great developmentally.
A few things that he is doing or that happened recently:
- He got his first haircut on May 23. We went to an old fashioned barber shop in town and his stylist said he was the best baby she'd ever cut. He did so well. Check out these picture from his haircut:
- He's been "crawling" for over a month now. He mostly scoots around on his tummy but is really quick and gets anywhere that he wants. He will occasionally crawl on his hands and knees but after a few motions he goes to his tummy. Here is a very short video of the crawling (please ignore my voice - I sound like an idiot). Seems like every time I try to get it on video, he stops crawling.
- He is taking four 6 oz bottles per day although he rarely finishes all of his bottles in a day (he'll typically leave 1 - 2 oz of his morning and afternoon bottles). His total formula intake is 20 - 24 oz. per day.
- He is eating three solid meals a day although we are sticking purely with purees and yogurt as he seems to have real issues with any textures. He typically gets cereal and a fruit for breakfast, yogurt and a veggie for lunch and a meat and a veggie at dinner. He will choke and puke on anything besides baby food. Pediatrician said to try to introduce new food textures every week or so to see how he does and that some kids just take a little longer to get used to textures and gumming their food. We've tried puffs and he can do them ok but he occasionally forgets to gum them thoroughly and ends up choking and puking them up so we really limit them to just once or twice a week and only a few at a time.
- He has seven teeth already (three on bottom and four on top). So cute!!!!
- He just starting pulling himself up to stand. He will try it on anything (including toys are are not very stable) so I fear he is going to injure himself if we do not watch him like a hawk. He can also sit down from standing.
- He generally sleeps through the night (from 7:30ish to 7:00ish). He generally takes a 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap in the morning and a much shorter nap (45 minutes) in the afternoon although there are many days where he boycotts his morning nap.
- He comfortably wears size 12 mo. clothes.
- He cannot yet sit up from laying down although he is getting close to doing this.
- He LOVES his big brother. He lights up whenever Davis walks in the room and Davis can make him smile and laugh even when he is being grumpy. He wants to be in whatever room Davis is in so he is often found crawling towards the playroom to play with his big brother.
- He says "ma ma" and "da da".
- Being his mother is such a dream come true and an answer to so many prayers. God really knew what he was doing in matching us with this little angel.
Here are some of the pictures from his formal 9 month portraits: