Sunday, October 5, 2008

Small Milestone

We had a minor milestone last night. Samuel spent his first night in his crib. It went really well. He did not seem to mind at all and I think that both he and I slept better and I know Chris slept better (he didn't hear him on the monitor at all). He has stretched one of his night feedings from 3.5 hours to about 4 - 4.5 hours but he only goes about 3 hours after that. I am hoping that he stretches that to 5 - 5.5 hours by the time I go back to work. I only have 4 more weeks off and I intend to enjoy every moment (even those when he is up in the middle of the night after just 3 hours). He is doing really well and Davis is loving every minute of having a little brother.

I plan to follow up with our agency this week to find out how the termination of paternal rights is going. I am going to assume that no news is good news on that front but I'd like an update none the less.

3 comments:

Gish said...

congrats on getting to sleep that much more! Samuel is a absolute joy! I'm glad I have the chance to be around your family. See you at bible study

Deb said...

I was very thankful that our agency was very quick telling us about all the steps as we waited. I hope they are able to give you some good news.

That's great that he is starting to sleep so much better.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

That is great Kelly!! What a great milestone. Glad things are going so well!